Workshops are held periodically to give a facility tour and instrument demonstration. Apart from instrument operation overview, theory and the basics of mass spectrometry are provided.
Training is required for access to user instruments. Currently, four instruments are available for self-use after adequate training is completed. The training is administered via the Center's staff. There will be a training cost of $100/hour, plus material cost.
Training topics include:
- Bruker UTX MALDI TOF/TOF Mass Spectrometer
- Protein, peptide, lipid, and polymer identification
- Waters ACQUITY TQD Tandem Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer with AQUITY H-Class UPLC
- Peptides, metabolites, and drug compounds in complex mixtures
- Bruker AmaZon X Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer
- Synthetic molecule ID
- Metabolite ID
- Agilent 7700 ICP-MS -Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer
- Elemental composition determination