The mission of the Center for Drug Safety at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy is to guide and inspire research and scholarship in pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety.
The Center for Drug Safety strives to improve public health by enhancing the safety of marketed medications through the development and application of pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacovigilance research, and to provide education on approaches to identify, assess, manage, and minimize risk. Its strategic goals include:
- Develop and assess new methods for population-based monitoring of drugs and biologicals.
- Foster collaborations with public and private stakeholders, including academia, government, industry, advocacy, and consulting groups, through a culture of cooperation and critical review.
- Provide graduate and continuing professional education on drug safety and pharmacovigilance.
- Expand the pool of experts in pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety research through the training of new researchers.
- Disseminate new approaches to drug safety and risk management to inform policy and practice.
Copyright © 2017 University of Maryland School of Pharmacy